YES! Digital marketing is one of the most powerful marketing tools for attorneys, but only if implemented correctly.
Digital marketing’s best use is generating inbound leads (not sales) to your law firm.
These days it is easy to get an inexpensive website that is well-designed. A common misconception I find, though (especially with attorneys), is that firm leaders think having a well-designed website will generate inbound leads, but this is not the case.
Digital marketing and inbound leads do not happen quickly and certainly, will not happen if you have a static website with generic information.
For your website to generate inbound leads, digital marketing efforts need to start like this.
- Fresh content through regular blog posts that provide valuable information to your potential clients.
- SEO optimization on the backend of each page of your website using key phrases potential clients might use to find you.
- Business listings on Google My Business, Yelp, and other online business directories. (For attorneys specifically, listings on websites such as Martindale Hubbell).
- Regular review of website analytics through Google Analytics and Google Search Console so you can tweak your website SEO based on what you find and how potential clients find you.
- Established KPIs you regularly review to ensure you are on the right track.
Without the steps mentioned above, there will be no road map to find your website. Your website will be invisible since no one will have the proper directions to get to you.
It takes a lot of work for inbound leads to happen through digital marketing, but do not let that deter you. Everything marketing-related takes time and consistency. The best part about digital marketing for attorneys is that once you have done the initial groundwork, your efforts will pay dividends over time.
Are you interested in how I can help your law firm with digital marketing efforts that will produce inbound leads? Contact me here.
Lauren Osborne is the owner of LHO & Co. and a seasoned marketing & business development professional with over 20 years of experience working in-house marketing in the payroll, HR sales, accounting, and legal industries.
Her experience includes website SEO and social media strategies, content marketing, direct mail campaigns, CRM development and implementation, relationship building, niche development, ongoing coaching, cross-selling, customer service initiatives, promotion of the overall firm visibility, and brand development.