Are you a professional, CPA, attorney, or financial advisor who is looking for a promotion, or looking to make a partner at your firm? One of the best ways to get there is by generating business. I know it can be intimidating, and hard to know where to start so here are a few simple marketing tips to get you started:
- A LinkedIn profile is a must. If you do not have one, or it is not active, get one together ASAP. Optimize your profile to highlight exactly what you do. Make sure what you say on your LinkedIn profile is in line with what is also on your website bio. Review your profile regularly to make sure it is up to date.
- Do not be the jack of all trades in your line of work. Start to focus on a niche by working closely with leaders in your office that already have the experience. In addition, take extra continuing education in the area you are developing so you can stay up to date on changes and trends. It is also helpful to join an association or networking group in that niche. The niche can be a service area ex. (pension audits), or an industry, (ex. Construction).
- Start meeting other professionals in your niche so you can refer to them, and vice versa.
- Write out your goals for the year with specific actions you will commit to. Check in on your goals regularly to make sure you take the proper actions that will lead to new business.
- Start writing about your practice area. Offer to contribute to the firm blog. Post on your LinkedIn page. Have people see that you know what you are talking about so if they know someone who has a need in your area of expertise, they will reach out to call you.
To sum it up, set yourself apart by establishing yourself as a thought leader and by being a visible expert. If you take the proper actions; educate yourself to become the best and keep in front of people online and through networking groups, the business will follow.
With over 20 years of marketing and sales experience, we work with stakeholders to develop marketing plans and business development strategies built for growth. Our services include coaching, lead tracking, CRM implementation, niche development, website SEO, social media, content marketing, and relationship building. Contact us today to see how we can help.