Content marketing is a highly effective inbound marketing strategy for accounting firms; however, many accountants don’t do it because it seems to be too much work and will take too much time away from their billable hours.
While it may seem daunting, it is highly effective, and one of the best uses you can make of your marketing time.
Here are five tips to get started with a content marketing strategy:
- Just start! That may sound obvious but taking the first step is the hardest part.
- Look through recent client emails and find a question that someone asked you. You likely emailed back an answer, right? Use that Q&A for your first blog post. Ensure that the questions and answers are relevant to your target audience and would attract the correct type of prospects. You don’t want to generate the wrong kind of inbound leads.
- Once you’ve got the blog on your website, optimize it for SEO so the search engines can easily find the post when someone out there asks the same question and needs an answer.
- Next, share it with your network on LinkedIn, so you are top of mind and build yourself up as a thought leader in your industry.
- Do this consistently. Consistently you can look at once per quarter, once per month, etc. Whatever it is, make sure it doesn’t seem too daunting, or you won’t do it.
Consistently posting adds up over time. It does two things. It keeps you in front of your professional relationships when you share it on LinkedIn, and over time it helps you get found on search engines when someone needs an answer to their accounting questions.
Content marketing as an accountant doesn’t have to be daunting or time-consuming. Be smart about it and use the content you already have. If you need help with this process, I am always here to help you get the ball rolling and make it even easier.